"It is said, their hatred against the Elbs, Humans, Dwarfs and all the other creatures runs black through their veins and shows itself in their eyes in the unmasking light of the sun..."
.Translation from: Markus Heitz, "Die Legenden der Albae - Gerechter Zorn" (transl.: "The Legends of the Alfär - Righteous Wrath", Intro
First Page: You are here!
Next Page: [link]
Finally! I'm not completely finished with the whole thing but I'm confident that I'll be able to get everything ready within the next few days. So... enjoy!
The following comic originally was planned as the third part of a series of short stories around my RPG-character Khaleigh. I failed to find the right words and started to doodle first little scenes from it when I was bored. After the DA
-Fancomic I made for ~Karne-de-Saintclaire
months ago I actually didn't want to make a comic again, but it just kinda came over me.
So, before people will get confused...
- It's only my second "real" comic project. My focus was the story behind it and not so much the art or the idea of "making a comic" itself. So please don't wonder about the changing quality - it's been more or less a lot of sketches put together.
- Khaleigh has been my companion for years and his story is rather complicated. Additionally I played him in various RPG's over the time so what you'll read may or may not fit into your idea of him.
- He is rather closely bound into Markus Heitz' fantastic "The dwarfes" and later "Die Albae" (I don't think they're available in English, transl.:"The Albae" or "The Alfär") and has been through quite a lot of changes - the more I get to know about the Albae the more I try to keep him suiting into this fantasy universe. On the other hand I didn't change everything because there are some parts of his character I hold dear and don't want to change. So if you have read the books this may be a bit different from them.
- Last but not least: There is a big chance this comic won't make much sense to you. First, I'll take a lot of informations from Markus Heitz' universe for granted and won't explain them. Same goes for basic information about Khaleigh himself, as his appearance and story were already "written out" in Karnes and mine RPG(s). Then, just like a short story is always a bit "incomplete" (and I never planned this as a comic for the "public") there will be no big intro, explanations of everything and so on. I'm also not good at making storylines, so the jumps in time and location may be a bit rapidly (I'm sorry for this!). And last but nor least Khaleigh wouldn't be himself without a few dirty secrets.
Sorry for the big wall of text, I'll promise the next pages will have a lot less. I just wanted to have these things written down because they would be stuck in my head for the rest of the week otherwise.
And, as always - if you're wondering about something or don't get a certain point - just ask. I'll try to explain everything but writing it down in advance would be too much unnecessary work.
Greetings and thanks for looking,
Listened to: [link]
My character Khaleigh, the setting and a lot of background informations are closely related to Markus Heitz' "The dwarfes"-universe. No copyright infringement intended, the Albae just struck me the first time a read those books and I kinda never got away from them again. It's my way of showing my love for these books, I don't intend to harm or steal the ideas of anybody.
The drawing itself, the character Khaleigh and other side characters are my own work. Please respect this and do not copy, alter or redistribute.
(P.S.: If you're wondering about the title: The full one would be "Third Splinter of Eternity". A "splinter of eternity" is a unit for time measurement. It's never said exactly in the books how long it is exactly but it is somewhere between 10 and 100 years^^'. I liked the double-meaning of it and so my first two short stories are also called "Splinters")
(P.P.S: The candle holder is for ~TheDivineConspiracy
- maybe you remember why^^)